Sunday, February 14, 2016

kiss me on the emptiness



(caracalla and geta, painting by lawrence alma-tadema)






"and they said unto him, where is sarah thy wife?" - genesis 18:9-12
(abraham and the three angels, painting by giovanni domenico tiepolo)






(pyramids and plain at giza, sarcophagus by charles theodore (bay))






"and jacob kissed rachel, and lifted up his voice, and wept." - genesis 29: 9-11
(the meeting of jacob and rachel, oil painting by william dyce)







"and the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.  and the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  and the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man." - genesis 2: 7-9, 15, 18, 22
(spring, or paradise on earth,  oil painting by nicholas poussin)



(black & white photos selected from 1950's news articles, published by the new york times) 

(inspired by textsfromyourexistentialist)




13 comments:

  1. please tell me you made these, they are beautiful and need to be all over nelsons walls of his classroom and home find his house and just glue these to his shingles something they need to be everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whattttt
    I can't even wrap my brain around this.
    This is unreal.
    Snaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my whole night right here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily you are amazing! You're seriously the most creative person I know! teach me your ways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONNOR YOURE STILL ALIVE ON HERE go write something :)

      Delete
  5. THIS is why creative writing exists

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post gives me life. honestly the best thing i've probably ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok this is such a cool idea. I loved reading these more than I love grilled cheese (and that is a lot)

    ReplyDelete