Sunday, December 13, 2015

this one's for you, vincent.

(revealing a bit of myself)

it's raining,
not from the sky, from my eyes
& it pours just about everyday.

"be who you want to be, do what you want to do, who cares ?"
be different !
i wish it was that easy. 

i'm trying to do the right thing, but no one cares and who knows if anyone ever will...

... i don't know. 
i'm trying to figure it out, but damn, it's hard. 

let's go back to when sleeping in the car was comfortable, and we were all so vulnerable. 
when love wasn't one of our biggest battles cause we didn't even know what war was. 

how did we end like this, living lives we don't care about ?

people, days,  places, moments,
i've forgotten things that i would do anything to remember. 

i want to paint my life with mistakes & memories. bright and burning like the most exciting of books. 

i'm not afraid of you or me
or untied shoes:
but I am afraid of getting hurt. 

i love people who can make me laugh & i hate people seeing me cry. 
i hate driving but i love long drives. 
i look up to my best friend more than she will ever know. 

...the things you think about right before you fall asleep;

i'll never forget the phone calls. i'll never forget the pit in my stomach,

friendly, tough, heroic...

you're just a little less than perfect,
but that's perfect to me. 

(someday,

i'll wait). 

because falling is one of my favorite feelings;
my heart is real
i'm always tired
i love stars. 

whatever you do, remember to never run back to what hurt you:
life is too short to spend it at war with yourself. 

(but sometimes, it's all you have). 



                   this one's for you, vincent:
                   vincent may. 
                   this one's for you, kayla. 

2 comments:

  1. this is absolutely beautiful.

    also your header is gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, i love this entire thing! Thank you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete