Sunday, January 3, 2016

favorite songs, favorite lines

no shapes sail on the dark deep lakes 
& no flags wave me home 
in the caves, all cats are gray 
in the caves, the textures coat my skin.

(all cats are grey - the cure)




i'm in love with how you feel.

(anyone else but you - the moldy peaches)




why in the night sky are the lights hung ?
why is the earth moving 'round the sun ?

why is life made only for to end ?
why do i do all this waiting then ?
why this frightened part of me that's fated to pretend ?

(blue spotted tail - fleet foxes)




said the pillow to the head
"please gain control, we're soakin' wet
i'm losin' my color, you're losin' respect:
you're makin' a mess."

(butter for burns - the devil whale)




cruel professor, studying romances.
how am i supposed to pretend 
i never want to see you again ?

(campus - vampire weekend)






it's just a cigarette, & it harms your pretty lungs.


(the cigarette duet - princess chelsea)







but i wished you'd reappear

it seems our brains can't articulate but
please come to here

(come to here - bat manors)






you said you would always love me,

but begged me not to tell your kids.
dad forbade me to bring him home for christmas.


(the cruise - bat manors)







I wish the tide would take me over

I've been down on my knees


(crystalised - the xx)







come on down from that tree, little daniel
come on down, the winds are getting cold.



(daniel - joshua james)




will i wake up from this dark, dark daydream 
nothing can wake me from myself. 

(dark tower - miniature tigers)




it's been three months & the tv is snowing,
the radio and phone's dead too

and you're growing increasingly quiet,
sometimes i get concerned
that of all of the people to watch the apocalypse with,
it's not me you'd prefer.

(defcon 5 - book on tapeworm)





he said i am the devil boy,
come with me and we'll make many storms.
he offered me eternal life,
but inside my heart there's a picture of a girl;

i'll taste the devils tears, drink from his soul but ill never give up you.

(the devil's tears - angus & julia stone)






don't ever lose your innocence

don't you lose that heart
don't you lose your confidence
oh but most of all,
don't lose your love.


(don't lose your love - ivan & alyosha)








in every life we have some trouble

but when you worry, you make it double
so don't worry, be happy.



(don't worry be happy - bob marley)





with eyes so dialated i become your pupil,

i don't care what you think unless it is about me. 

(drain you - nirvana)






i wrestled by the sea

a loneliness in me
i asked myself for peace
and found it at my feet


people lie, people love, people go,

but beauty lies in every soul.


i asked myself for peace,

& found a piece of me.


(a dream of you and me - future islands)







come on, sleepyhead,

get yourself to bed.


you are loved, you are loved, you are loved.



(emmylou - vance joy)







your face is up against mine

& i'm too terrified to speak.


(epilogue - the antlers)







i want your flowers like

babies want God's love.


(fever dream - iron & wine)







did you get enough love, my little dove,

why do you cry ?
& i'm sorry i left, but it was for the best
though it never felt right;
my little versailles.


(fourth of july - sufjan stevens)







now if you find yourself falling apart,

well i'm sure i could steer.


(the great salt lake - band of horses)







you know those days when you just want to

choose to not get out of bed,
you're lost in your head again.


(helena beat - foster the people)







caught in the riptide,
i was searching for the truth,
there was a reason
i collided into you.

(here with me - susie suh)




well, i fell in love with the world in you.


(hold my hand as i'm lowered - noah & the whale)







hot venom is mixin' with my blood,

i can feel it on my fingers & taste it on her tongue.


(hot venom - miniature tigers)






i carried a bag of rock and stone full of memory

of our family


its not enough,

it's not enough to know you through them.


(the house that jack built - jesca hoop)







i know places we can go, babe.

where the highs won't bring you down, babe.
no, the highs won't hurt you there, babe.


(i know places - lykke li)







remember when you lost your sh*t and

drove the car into the garden ?
you got out and said 'i'm sorry'
to the vines & no one saw it.


(i need my girl - the national)







i wanna care for you when you are all alone,

sit inside our house and unplug all our phones,
watchin' raindrops stream down on our windowsill:
let's be in love.


(i saw lightning - telekinesis)







my burden is the weight of a feather;


(impossible soul (pt. 4) - sufjan stevens)







well your wartime is funny,

your guns don't bother me.
i said we're out to prove the truth of
the man from galilei.


(janglin' - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros) 




through crooked lines, the morning light 
faded pictures in my mind:
not scared of death. 

(julius - strfkr)




i bit my tongue in the arc of conversation. 
i met you once, and i'd fallen for your notions;
i don't know why, i don't know why. 

one kiss from you & i'm drunk up on your potion,
that big ol' smile is all you are. 

(just a boy - angus & julia stone)




i dreamed of all the different ways i had 
to make you glow. 

you,
strange as angels,
dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water
you're just like a dream. 

i found myself alone, alone 
alone above the raging sea
that stole the only girl i loved,
& drowned her deep inside of me. 

(just like heaven - the cure) 




you made me sleep all uneven
& i didn't believe them 
when they told me there was no
saving you. 

(kettering- the antlers)




no one laughs at God on a day they realize
that the last sight they'll ever see is a pair of hateful eyes. 

(laughing with - regina spektor)




where the mountains are cold, 
& the rain drops its tears, i'm told. 

so i moved myself out, & pictured a better home 
with a lawn full of marigolds, i guess. 
i headed back east, started thinking my hope away.
depression was the one to stay since then. 
now i take pills to push it from my head. 

(lawn full of marigolds - joshua james)




tell me where you're goin' 
what is goin' wrong,
i felt you leavin', before you'd even gone. 

see the moonlight shinin' 
on your windowpane,
see it leave you,
as faithful as it came. 

(the lengths - the black keys)




think less but see it grow
like a riot, like a riot. 

(lisztomania - phoenix)




she stands on the ledge,
she says, 'it looks so high'
you know, it's a long way down. 
such a long way down,
so honey don't leave, don't leave,
please don't leave me now. 

(long way down - tom odell)




we can't help but hurt the ones we care for. 

(lowly - bat manors)




there ain't a language for the things i've seen,
the truth is a stranger to my own worst dreams. 

(meet me in the woods - lord huron)




your honesty was killing me,
the monsters in the room were all dancing 
to the music all around us. 

(montana - youth lagoon)




oh, i hold my soul
from the lands unknown 
so i can play the strings of your death. 

(my body's a zombie for you - dead man's bones)




i'm slowly drifting to you,
this star is a planet i culinate. 

(my tears are becoming a sea - m83)




well it's been a long time, long time now,
since i've seen you smile;
i'll gamble away my fright, 
and i'll gamble away my time. 

(nantes - beirut)




& anything to make you smile,
is a better side of you to admire. 

(no one's gonna love you - band of horses)




there's blood on that blade,
f*** me, i'm falling apart;

(no shade in the shadow of the cross - sufjan stevens)





playgrounds are graveyards 
& all of our scars are permanent. 

(nothing & nowhere - emily haines & the soft skeleton)





hey, little train we're all jumping on !
the train that goes to the Kingdom;
we're happy, mom, we're having fun:
and the train ain't even left the station. 

(o children - nick cave & the bad seeds)





when you're in my arms,
but you've gone somewhere deeper. 

(oblivion - bastille)





i was forgotten in my chains,
but there was something greater runnin' through 
my veins. 

(oh joe - flannel graph)





the end is not as fun as the start,
please stay a child somewhere in your heart. 

(original of the species - u2)





if you wake to the northern lights
i know you will linger
stones from the skyline,
your jagged spine,
i trace with my finger

latent friend,
with rest came new light,
but still you fear
it's cyclical 

(otter friend - bat manors)





facing tempests of dust;
creatures of my dreams, raise up 
& dance with me !

(outro - m83)





so we just skirt the hallway sides. 

(phantom limb - the shins)





the pretty pictures in the magazines are sick,
they make you feel like sh*t;
the bodies that they fit,
are half a serving' hips. 

(pitchfork - joshua james)





you've got the salt & i've got the wound,
but all you've gotta do is ask. 

(please ask for help - telekinesis)




i was up all night,
thinking of twenty-one-two. 

(reptilians - strfkr)




'till the image sinks away
to someplace far but certain,
a land of mute suspension,
where someday we must go. 

(requiem on water - imperial mammoth)




i wish i had a river so long,
i could teach my feet to fly. 

(river (joni mithell cover) - angus stone)




nothing is as it has been,
& i miss your face like hell. 

(rivers and roads - the head & the heart)




once when our mother called,
she had a voice of last year's cough. 

(romulus - sufjan stevens)




bones, blood & teeth erode,
but they will be crashing low. 

(rosyln - bon iver & st. vincent)




i don't wanna die, i just wanna not exist. 

(ruined life - bat manors)




you've got to cry without weepin',
talk without speakin',
scream without raisin' your voice:
maybe, run from the darkness in the night. 

she will
suffer the needle chill,
she's runnin' to stand 
still. 

(running to stand still - u2)




your hands, they move like waves
over me,
beneath the moon tonight, we're the sea. 

(the sea & the rhythm - iron & wine)




& you tapped your foot so rapidly,
it's morse code 
for me to leave. 

(shadow puppets - book on tapeworm)




love: it will not betray, dismay or enslave you,
it will set you free. 

(sigh no more - mumford & sons)




& this damn room it gets so,
small sometimes. 

(silver coin - angus & julia stone)




the sea said goodbye to the shore,
so the sun wouldn't notice. 

the books that i keep by my bed
are full of your stories,
that i dreamed up from a little dream of mine 
a little nightmare of yours. 

i met a man today, 
& he smiled back at me;
now there are thoughts like these
that keep me on my feet. 

(sloom - of monsters & men)




i think i know what's on your mind,
a couple words, a great divide. 

(slow life - grizzly bear)




& the animals i've trapped
have all become my pets,
and i'm living off of grass and the
drippings from the ceiling. 

(something in the way - nirvana)




i know you tried,
i know you're cursed,
i know your best was still your worst.

i'm dreaming of car wrecks and 
thunderstorms so bright;
let's bury ourselves,
& go haunt someone tonight. 

(st. augustine - band of horses) 




skippin' town, let's get out & see what we find. 

(the stars keep on calling my name - mac demarco)




i watched every inch of film flash across your roman features. 

poetry is not a luxury, it's now i break this home. 

(the start of something - voxtrot)





but by the time the first bombs fell,
we were already bored. 

so, can you understand ?
why i want a daughter while i'm still young,
i wanna hold her hand & 
show her some beauty before
this damage is done. 

(the suburbs - arcade fire)





a violent wrench grips mass, rips light, 
tears limbs like rags. 

(taro - alt-j)





you'll be drenched to the bone;
if your time to you is worth savin',
then you better start swimmin', or you'll sink like a stone. 

(the times they are a-changin'- bob dylan)





you gave your body to the lonely,
they took your clothes. 
you gave up a wife & a family,
you gave your ghost. 

(to be alone with you (sufjan stevens cover) - joshua james)





out in the garden where we planted the seeds 
there is a tree as old as me,
branches were sewn by the color of green, 
the ground had arose & passed its knees. 

(to build a home - the cinematic orchestra)





put the stars in our eyes,
with heart shaped bruises. 

(toothpaste kisses - the maccabees)





mother, i made it up from the bruise on the floor of this prison. 

(upward over the mountain - iron & wine)





didn't anyone mention hate is all we show ?
love's not a sign we care to know. 
you cut half your heart, it makes it hard to grow. 

(weeds - joshua james)




you'd think they could see it through my skin. 
they're lookin' for evil, thinking they can trace it,
but evil don't look like anything. 

(westfall - okkervil river)




in a few weeks, i will get time 
to realize it's right before my eyes. 

(what you know - two door cinema club)




your head will collapse if there's nothing in it. 

(where is my mind ? (pixies cover) - trampled by turtles)




if you must die, sweetheart,
die knowing your life was my life's best part. 

(you - keaton henson)




i'm a northeast stream, 
get to the ocean 'fore i run too low. 

(you're a wolf - sea wolf)




i do believe it's beating at the same
pulse as yours, 
we're two atoms in a molecule,
inseparably combined
oh, like a piece of rope
made out of two pieces of vine.

(2 bodies 1 heart - noah & the whale)




i was swimming, 
your eyes were dark 'till you woke me
& told me that opening is just the start. 

(3 rounds and a sound - blind pilot)




you used to be alright, what happened ?
et. cetera, et. cetera. 

(15 step - radiohead)




she's got jumper cable lips,
she got sunset on her breath now,
i inhaled just a little bit now i've
got no fear of death now. 

(40 day dream - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros)

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I didn't read most of it cuz it was so long, but I liked what I read

    ReplyDelete