Tuesday, November 17, 2015

with all of my, heart.


to : rosyln luna grey
cupboard under the stairs 
#4 privet drive
little whinging, surrey 

from : the heart
superior to the liver,
between the lungs


my dearest rosy,
          let's not sugar-coat this, let's get straight to the heart of it:
i am sick of this. i love you but i'm tired. i've been sitting in this cold cage of ribs for 18 years now & i'm starting to lose my voice. 
                so please,
hear me,
hear me. 
i'm trying to speak your language, but i can't quite seem to get the conjugations right or maybe you're just not listening. but just like you, i know what it's like to be beaten
please hear me, i know you. 
i see the secrets behind your perfect childhood and i see you even after you & the sun have gone to bed. 
rosy, you're my reason, & i'm your reason: 
for purpose. 
so please, just hear me. 

with all of my,
heart. 


 (art by the beautiful c. jade)

11 comments:

  1. This post is beautiful same with the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ADDRESS.






    also, this was a great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HARRY POTTER SO MUCH YOU DON"T EVEN UNDERSTAND
    (nbd)

    also i love this post and i love the line "but just like you, i know what it's like to be beaten."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Harry Potter reference just gave you away.

    I love this and you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "to : rosyln luna grey
    cupboard under the stairs
    #4 privet drive
    little whinging, surrey"
    Harry Potter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shoot you found me out.

      Ya, its me.

      It's Voldemort

      Delete
    2. Hahaha that just made it ten times better. This was so good, I loved this letter so much.

      Delete
  6. well you just sealed the deal. all time favorite for sure. i think the harry potter reference did me in but it was all the parts afterwards that left me in tears.

    ReplyDelete