Sunday, October 18, 2015

when waking up hurts

(disclaimer :
i write about the past a lot. i'm not actually this depressed).

------------------------------------------

i'm driving up the canyon again because
my tires still haven't spun as many times as my head;


i'm too frightened to go home because
dad is drowning in the waves of medication
and mom is still at work.

& i don't want to stick my fingers down my throat again,
the notion is addicting
but i'm sick of feeling afraid of my body.

i can't come home because
i think i love the vein in my wrist more than i
love you
& i'm sorry;

(yet as i speak these apologies, i can feel the words
dying on my lips
as the funeral in my mouth
continues on). 


so mother,
i won't keep trying to immunize with avoidance
& get high with my blade
because those two habits will never coexist.

when waking up hurts,
when school becomes a graveyard,
i'll just take my car up the canyon
& try to stop holding my breath.

(but now
i can breathe again,
because i've finally crashed:
but after driving for so long it just felt like
relief).

8 comments:

  1. "i write about the past a lot. i'm not actually this depressed."
    Same.
    "My tires still haven't spun as many times as my head"
    "I can breathe again, because I've finally crashed: but after driving for so long it just felt like relief"
    This is super great

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(but now
    i can breathe again,
    because i've finally crashed:
    but after driving for so long it just felt like
    relief)."
    This was one of the best posts I've ever read

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spectacular. Every line I swear.

    I love the disclaimer too because sometimes I feel the same.

    This is just great

    ReplyDelete
  4. First lines are so important.

    And yours was gooooooood.

    And I'm such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this made me just... stop. just for a moment and stare at the words on this page because they're sad. they're crawl into your bed and cry, sad. but they're important. your words are important

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first line>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    i stalked your blog today and i absolutly love it

    your blog is one of my fav blogs

    ReplyDelete